Re: pointless auto topic #38: short vs swoopy line

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: pointless auto topic #38: short vs swoopy line
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 18:34:06 -0800
Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:

> There are some things you DO need to consciously remember.  I helped
design the > course, gave the novice walkthrough, and in the 2nd run
group I promptly dove
> down to the apex, way too tight, on my first run.  I managed to stay
out by
> consciously thinking about it on runs 2 & 3.  The rest of the course
was more
> easily read by just looking ahead.

So you could have protested your usually fine course design under the
design rule which says that a Solo II event shall  be a test of
driving skill, not memory. :-)

We're getting close to nitpicking here but when there is something that
I think needs remembering, I stand on course and look at it until
I can remember the picture, tell myself what to do when I see it
again, and then let the programming work by itself when actually
driving. Usually works, too, if I've had enough sleep.

All I know for sure is that when I have a rare fine run it's when I
haven't
thought a single thought during it.
Rich