Re: pointless auto topic #38: short vs swoopy line

To: Smokerbros@aol.com, kkelly@spss.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: pointless auto topic #38: short vs swoopy line
From: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 20:39:02 -0800
im not katie, but my view of the course has drastically changed over the
last few years.  i used to think about lines and stuff, but road race
terminology doesnt really work for autox (too many linked turns).  plus its
too complicated and subtle to analyze in any conventional sense.

i get this feeling of the fast line being like getting sucked into a fast
moving stream through the course.  i just follow the flow of the stream to
the end.  i dont think about braking and throttle points anymore, as long as
i am on my line, i try to get on the gas really early.  being 100% decisive
(and disciplined!) about the line has helped me quite a bit.

this in turn has helped me to see how poorly setup my car is- especially
after driving a miata recently- those things are awesome!  you just think
where you want to be and the car helps you go there.

-james c
OSP #74