Re: pointless auto topic #38: short vs swoopy line

To: Lolita and Mike <lomike@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: pointless auto topic #38: short vs swoopy line
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 22:33:29 -0800
Lolita and Mike wrote:

> I think I understand but I have a question as well (seriously) What if you
> have changed the set up on your car(or probably worse, your in an unfamiliar
> car) how/what do you adjust to try and optimize your run while attempting to
> analyze the setup/ strange car?

Personally, I drive a bit conservatively and strive for
consistency between runs when making changes to
the car, preferably on a course I've already run a
few times.

And, frankly, I can't relate to the part of your question
about unfamiliar cars. If I was competing in one I suspect
I might do some nonoptimal things to test the handling
during the first run. In fact, I often do that anyway to
test the course.
Rich Urschel