Re: Vehicle eligibility...

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: Vehicle eligibility...
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrc01@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:36:13 -0700
Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:
> Using height, ground
> clearance and track to indicate likelihood of flipping is at least as valid
> as using bore, stroke and number of cylinders to indicate likely horsepower
> output.  >>
>
> Let's see, we have 350's that make 165 hp and others that make 330, so your
> formula only nets us a 100% variation in results.

Since the 350s that make 165 hp and those that make 330 hp have
different stroke to bore ratios and different valvetrains, the
reply does not address the question. It's a bit harder to find
two engines with the same displacement, # of cylinders, the same
stroke/bore ratio _and_ the same valvetrain actuation (pushrods
or overhead cams), that have significantly different power
output.

Argh. . . I feel the tractor beam. . . I'm being sucked into a
silly argument!