RE: Vehicle eligibility...

To: Bill Hamburgen <billh@pa.dec.com>
Subject: RE: Vehicle eligibility...
From: David Rowney <daver@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 08:46:34 -0700
And it gets more complex, because the additional inch of suspension travel,
while increasing  c. g.,  reduces the chance of running out of suspension
travel, which reduces the chance of roll-over.  My Volvo XC is less prone
to bottoming out the suspension than any car I have yet driven.  I would
like to try this car on a rainy-day autocross some time.

Also interesting: the VW Golf/Jetta models and BMW E30 models of the
80's-early 90's, while supposedly being more roll-over prone, have won a
number of national championships in stock classes.

Dave