Re: A safety question

To: lollipop@ricochet.net
Subject: Re: A safety question
From: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:59:21 -0700
one reason to have the side windows open is that you can extract the
occupants from the car more easily if the door is damaged or if they are
unconscious.  that is why i never lock my doors when driving (the doors i
have that HAVE locks, that it).  arm restraints are used on track cars to
keep the limbs inside during 'undesired yaw and pitch maneuvers.

with the loudspeaker it was easier to yell at people from the trailer for
having their hands out.  if you are a driver and take a passenger, please be
responsible for telling and reminding them of this.

i dont think we have to go overboard because of this one incident though.  i
am more worried about the people outside the car than inside.  too many
workers stand in dangerous spots and are slow getting off the track when a
car is coming.  when you are resetting a cone, please look up the course
most of the time and not at the cone.  those new 911 porsches, for example,
are eerily silent, but still heavy enough to sting if they hit you at 60mph.

-james c