Re: A safety question

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A safety question
From: Sethracer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:44:02 EDT
In a message dated 10/25/00 10:14:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Charlie Davis
writes:

<< common sense didn't always prevail in NCSCC.  >>

The problem with "Common Sense" is that it can be so un-common, in either
SCCA or NCSCC. As it was explained to me, decades ago, there was a tendency
for people to put their arms out the windows as the car was beginning a role,
unconciously trying to stop it from going over. It may have happened before.
Having the drivers windows up in a closed car was an easy way to address that
possibility, by keeping the arm inside.  I agree that SCCA, in theory at
least, would have better control over implementation than NCSCC had, since
SCCA is one club and NCSCC was a loose coalition of member clubs. My closed
car had a window net, since it was an ex-road racing car. I am not suggesting
a rule change, just noting the history.- Seth Emerson