Re: 8 CONE SLALOM (WAS: THANKS)

To: <Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com>, <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: 8 CONE SLALOM (WAS: THANKS)
From: "James Creasy" <jcre@mozart.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 16:45:24 -0700
with my cars ive found it is better to go in fast and scrub off speed with
the front (turned) tires than try to speed up within the slalom and get
progressively more out of control.

that is, dive in a bit hot as even my car will understeer if i crank the
wheel while going mostly straight, the slaloming action will tend to scrub
off speed.  as the car slows the weight is on the front and the turn-in is
good, allowing you to scrub a little more speed off.  jerking the wheel,
however, means an exciting and attention-getting spin.

the C4 corvettes ive ridden in seem to handle throttle-tromping very
elegantly.  in my car, not a chance. :)

-james "TORQUEstosterone" creasy