Re: 8 CONE SLALOM (WAS: THANKS)

To: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: 8 CONE SLALOM (WAS: THANKS)
From: Keith Hearn <khearn@Legato.COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:09:32 -0700
In message <200006281550_MC2-AA71-E48D@compuserve.com>, John Kelly writes:

>         Last Sunday, arriving barely in the nick of time, I didn't get a
> chance to walk the course before I drove my first run. (A fact statement,
> not a whine.) Fortunately some kind soul had written the word "slalom" on
> the ground just before the 8-cone deal began. That solved THAT problem. My

That was me. When I started my first walk, I wasn't sure if it was a
  slalom or just a straight. It kinda looked like a slalom, but maybe
  not. I didn't see Ben, so I asked Kristi at registration. Then I
  decided if I wasn't sure, at least a few others wouldn't be either, so
  I added the label.

> first run was marked as a DNF. (Now we're getting into whining.) Was that
> because I supposedly missed a slalom cone? Or was it because I slid off the

I don't know what your DNF was for (I was changing wheels when you
  ran), but I saw a lot of other drivers miss that last slalom cone.
  It was spaced one "dot" farther than the others, and was fairly
  close to the apex of the far corner, so I think a number of people
  missed seeing it at speed.

  Keith Hearn
  '99 Miata 10AE "Sexy Sadie" the Sapphire Shark
  B-Stock
  Milpitas, CA