Re: Simple solution to illegible handwriting on timing cards

To: Bay_Area_Autocross_List <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Simple solution to illegible handwriting on timing cards
From: "Kevin Lahey" <kml@patheticgeek.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 15:10:06 -0700
In message <414A2C2CDF45D3118DBF0008C79F078502DC7D@ca00exh02.ca.atitech.com>,
Carl Merritt writes:
>Actually, one thing that has been kinda hanging me up making some labels is
>a lack of data on what exact fields I need to include.
>
>On the top of the card, is car class, then car number.
>
>In the middle to bottom part of the card:
>Name
>full address & zip
>phone number
>car make
>car model
>car color
>driver's license number
>car's license number
>SCCA member number & expiration date.
>sponsors

This reminds me -- I'm usually moderately anal about my on-line privacy,
but I happily provided all this data to the SCCA without thinking twice.
Of late, it's been my laziness, rather than my concern with information
hygenie, that has kept me from filling in all of those fields.
How important are they?

I mean, do we really need the driver's license and car license?
Is the SCCA member number used for anything?

[Oh, yeah, I notice that NASA and some other places are starting
to ask for e-mail addresses.  It might be cool to fit that in, too...]

Thanks,

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net