2000-register

Re: Short life of brake pads on my LFC

To: MIKE HARDWICK <mikeh2500@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Short life of brake pads on my LFC
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 13:02:36 -0600

MIKE HARDWICK wrote:

> David, I had a similar problem with the pads on my 2500TC, also nasty black
> dust making a mess of my S alloys. I have just bought a set of EBC kevlar
> pads as advertised in the TSSC magazine and hope to be fitting them soon -
> EBC clain more bite, longer life and much reduced dust - will update you
> with first impressions ASAP - Mike Hardwick

I hope all that turns out to be true. Please let us know if so. However,
there is almost only one truism with regard to brake linings. The harder
they are, the longer they last, and the noisier they are. We face this
problem constantly where I work. Customers have been complaining, for
almost all the years that organic linings have been used, of accelerated
wear (and on commercial vehicles, that can be considerable). And, if
harder linings are employed, the customers complain of noise.

So, if these don't squeal, please let me know.

Cheers.

--

Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM