Re: alternator

To: "Brian Evans" <brian@uunet.ca>
Subject: Re: alternator
From: "Tom Phelan" <tomph@mchsi.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:11:43 -0500
Brian and all,

This is a question I had also. The answer might be in the switch. HRP (Hoerr
Racing Products)
carries a switch made by Longacre for ($26.95) #LA4578

http://www.hoerr-racing.com/catalog.html to order their catalog or

you can see it here
http://www.longacreracing.com/catalog/item.asp?id=477&catid=14

It has the two heavy terminals for the main cutoff and an extra set of
smaller terminals used to swicth alternator. Depending on what type of
alternator you have you can open the fileld or exciter (I think) line or the
one wire in a single wire alternator. I've got one but have not wired it in
or
tested it yet. Anybody have experience with this?

Tom P