Re: RHD

To: "Donald Queen" <donqueen@Inreach.com>, "Paul Meis"
Subject: Re: RHD
From: "Carl Braun" <clbraun@mwci.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 13:56:25 -0600
Yes, driving a RHD in the left hand lane (as intended) is tough because
everything that is engrained in our thought pattern needs to be reversed.
Cars approach intersections from the wrong direction in the wrong lane.  At
a stop sign you need to first look right for traffic, then left, then right
again ... instead of the opposite in LHD countries.  Pedestrians stepping
off the curb to the left  of the car are in front of you right away.  Yes,
there is a lot of stuff to be aware of that is different than we are used
to.

>From there it gets easier.  Driving a RHD car in a LHD country is easy, so
is racing a RHD race car.