Re: Pacific NW Historics incident

To: borrani@att.net
Subject: Re: Pacific NW Historics incident
From: Larry Dent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 14:02:44 -0500
Believe you are wrong on Phils age, or maybe my memory and hearing are
at fault.

I will swear he told me personally, setting on the pit wall during the
Friday International Race of Executives ( I know, you dont know what the
hell that is) that he was 80.

The IROE is a drivers school the day before the Historics where 10 local
executives donate $10,000 to SOVERN and Phil Smart provides a dozen new
Mercedes sedans for a driving school for these guys/gals.

Phil was the guest instructor this year. Phil also attended a $10,000 a
couple dinner at Bruce McCalls in which 11 couples kicked in the 10
grand to childrens and Jon Shirley, former president of Microsoft and
owner of a FINE stable of vintage cars, MATCHED the $110,000 for
Childrens.  We may hit one million this race.

Larry Dent,  Chief Steward, Historics