Re: While on Maseratis

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: While on Maseratis
From: DSRGR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 14:15:30 EST
Just thought I'd toss in my own story.... At the first vintage race for my 65
Ocelot DSR, someone had bought Mark Donahues Javalin. Both of us being
novices to vintage racing, we were in the same school group. I was taken back
to working Transam corners in the 60s and watching Mark drive it. Warbonnet
raceway, near Tulsa.

A couple of years ago, Charlie Kolb was in Vegas for the SEMA show and had
brought his Bobsey. He broke a shift fork on Saturday and, being local, I got
it welded for him that night. It was great being on the track with him... A
real gentleman. ... Gene