Re: While on Maseratis

To: Vintage Race <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: While on Maseratis
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 16:04:12 -0800
Karim.Marouf@cancom.com wrote:

> This thread about Maserati tires has got me thinking how awesome the
> Historics will be this year. Some years ago I watched Peter Giddings race
> his 250F at the Historics, and I enjoyed nothing better all weekend than
> seeing him effortlessly drift that car through turn 4.

I helped Peter pull-start that Maserati once. A nicer gentleman you would
be hard pressed to find. He sold that one. I don't think he has a 250F
anymore. He has another Maser, but I don't recall the exact type. I think
it's a Maserati-based special.

> It's really disappointing to know that Stirling Moss won't be there. To have
> been able to see Moss drifting a 250F would've been something I could've
> told my grandkids about.

Moss did it to himself by misbehaving last year. Would you rather see him
demolish 2 or 3 250F's?