Re: Gordon Smiley

To: Andrew Antipas <aantipas@sopris.net>
Subject: Re: Gordon Smiley
From: Phil Babcock <PHILLIPBABCOCK@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:14:29 -0500
Andrew
I drove against Gordon in Formula Ford. Remember him well.... first person
in SCCA racing that I saw with good looking girls caring an umbrella for him
as he strolled the paddock. He was a great guy and a hellva driver. I lived
in Memphis at the time and we were friendly competitors most race weekends.
I remember running in 3 rd in my Titan MK 6 (see on my web site) one weekend
and he lapped me, & I thought I was fast. I remember he drove with Quick
Silver sponsorship. Let me know if you want to talk.

Phil Babcock
72 Lotus Elan Sprint Vintage Racer (both car & driver)

--
Phil Babcock
The Dyno Shop, Inc.