Re: Production Car Racing

To: allars@erols.com, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Production Car Racing
From: FHammett <FHammett@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 22:36:40 EST
In a message dated 98-01-07 21:05:08 EST, allars@EROLS.COM writes:

<< Are there any generalizations that can be made in Vintage Racing?  Are
 there any cars that are obvious winners in certain classes?  I'm being
 tempted again, but don't want to end up with a car that's not
 competitive from the start.  Please help. >>

The most important item In Vintage Racing is (as with SCCA) the ability  of
the driver.  Many will credit victory to Cheater Engines, but I'll take a good
driver, with an average car, over a poor driver with a Cheater Engine anyday.

Check in advance with several organizations, and be sure to go to a few races
to see which classes have the biggest fields.  Otherwise you may be racing
with yourself. You will win, and lose, every race.

good luck.

Frank
Ruptured Duck Racing