Re: Production Car Racing

To: allars@erols.com, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Production Car Racing
From: PaceCars@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 21:50:57 -0500 (EST)
Larsen wrote:
 >I watched Porsche Carreras take B Production, Lotus take C
>Production, Yenko Stingers in D Production, Porsche >Speedsters in E
>Production, Spitfires in F Production, and Sprites in G & H >Production.
>Are there any generalizations that can be made in Vintage >Racing?  Are
>there any cars that are obvious winners in certain classes?  >I'm being
>tempted again, but don't want to end up with a car that's not
>competitive from the start.  Please help.

Different cars are winners in different parts of the country. However, don't
use yesterdays' results as a guide. Many cars (like Porsche 356 Carreras)
have had little development since the 1960s, yet 356 pushrods have had plenty
and have benefited from VW drag racing development. You need to go to races
run by groups you would like to run with and see what is winning. And
remember that cubic dollars beats basic design every time.
Harold Pace
U2