re:MGA back axle seals

To: XVQZ82A@prodigy.com (DR ROBIN G HAWLEY)
Subject: re:MGA back axle seals
From: Mike Gigante <mg@mega.cgl.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 20:06:00 -1000
Robin's suggestion about the vent in the banjo is an important one. Check
that first. Second, check the bearings for tight seating. if they are a just
a little loose, you can try using Locktite's "Reataining Compound". If they
are too loose for that, new hubs are required. Third thing to check is the
seat on which the seal rests. If there is any wear there, then the seals won't
work. Check for flatness with a steel rule. If there is a visible gap in the
middle, try using a "ezi-sleeve". Apparently some folk have had success with
another Locktite product called I think "Liquid Metal"; personally, I'd
use the ezi sleeve...

Mike
Mike Gigante
3D interactive graphics, Virtual Reality, british sports cars, and wine
http://mega.cgl.rmit.edu.au/~mg/                mg@mega.cgl.rmit.edu.au