Re: [TR] UNCLOGGING Weld-Thru Aerosol?

To: Dave1massey@cs.com, dorpaul@negia.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] UNCLOGGING Weld-Thru Aerosol?
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 13:07:11 -0500
> > Folks, I just bought a brand new $15 tall spray can of Weld-Thru Primer
>by
> > Evercoat, shook it for 10 min. (to disperse the zinc stuff) and only
>used it
> > couple of times (spraying it upside down at the end to clear the nozzle
>each
> > time) and running a mig wire into it's nozzle to unclog it) and now it's
> > clogged up and I can't get it to spray!  WHAT CAN I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We used to have this problem all the time at work with rattle cans of Zinc
Chromate primer. Does it have something to do with zinc? We put it down to
students not inverting the can and spraying to clean the nozzle after use.
Maybe we unfairly accused them?

Dave, I have a spray can of AerKroil that is out of propellant but has
plenty juice left. I was thinking about putting it in a large container in a
well ventilated area and then shooting it with a .22 from a little distance
away. Would that work?

John

===     http://www.vtr.org