Re: [TR] Back for a visit

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Back for a visit
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:04:09 -0700
> Sometimes I think the stuff owns me instead of me owning the stuff.

That's the conclusion I've come to, so I'm trying to free myself from
being owned by things I have grown away from or may never get around to
using.

> Collectible and junk is in the eye of the beholder.

Yep and people who did not collect the stuff in the first place tend to
take a very different view of it.

> I know I already have more car projects than I can ever finish, but I'm
> still dreaming of trying.

But you know, if working on car projects is how you like to spend your
time, so what?  Its the doing what you want to do that is important.

I'm not advocating giving up doing the things I love doing, just
throwing off the burden of things that I have grown away from and will
likely never do again or do only reluctantly.

When I moved a year and a half ago after being in one place for 20
years, at least 25% of my volume of possessions didn't go with me.  When
I move from this place there are things I no longer use that I wasn't
ready to let go of that will probably not make the next move.  I've
found a certain satisfaction at being able to focus more on things that
are important to me today.

But somehow there is always the TR3A and Land Rover plus boxes of
replacement parts that come along wherever I go.  But I am starting to
wonder how many tail light lenses do I really need as spares.  But I
know I can not possibly let go of my collection of Smiths TR3 thermostats.

TeriAnn

===     http://www.vtr.org