RE: [TR] Back for a visit

To: "Cary Henry" <caryhenry@hotmail.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Back for a visit
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:42:08 -0700
> This is one of the great conumdrums of owning such special
> cars.  They
> are essentially irreplaceable, and yet we love to drive them
> as everyday
> cars, because of their uniqueness and beauty.

Like the man(?) said, I knew the job was dangerous when I took it !

But TR3As really aren't irreplaceable, at least not yet.  That's the real
reason my car was totaled, TR3As are still common enough to be relatively
cheap, so it wasn't worth repairing.  If it had been a LHD TR5 for example,
I'd be buying one of those new frames.  But as it happens, I found a
perfectly good "barn find" late TR3 just a few miles from my house and under
$5k.  It's only memories that make ol' TS39781LO irreplaceable (it was a
gift from my late wife).

Speaking of LHD TR5s, anyone know if Charles ever got his back on the road ?
Seems like he wrecks it faster than he can repair it <G>

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org