Re: TR3 heater rant

To: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>,
Subject: Re: TR3 heater rant
From: "Michael Andrews" <mandrews53@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 00:04:03 -0800
oh come on -anyone who has driven a TR in cold ( below 60 for us
Californians) has longed for heat -The heaters in the TR2-3 really give a
memory of summer .I even had one redone to orignal specs , it did keep the
windscreen clear. -I had a co driver wrap himself in the tonneau cover of
my TR2  to stay warm in September. ( I ,myself had dressed for the occasion
and was merely shivering-ok it was night in the central valley and we were
moving fast wit the top down--I do keep it some where but not with us) .
There is really no way to heat a car as open as the TR2-3. Though its not
bad with the tonneau cover in place . I do vote for Lands end jackets -the
ones with nylon shell and a polar fleece inner . Keeps the water and cold
out --don't forget gloves. That polarfleece stuff(NFI) has turned around
cold driving.,Mike TR2inLA

<triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Date: 12/17/2005 1:54:44 AM
> Subject: Re: TR3 heater rant
>
> Randall wrote:
> > Sorry, John, I didn't mean to imply any criticism of the car or it's
> > designers.
>
> Absolutely no criticism interpreted. That's the trouble with email!
Unless

===     http://www.vtr.org