Re: Compression test how to

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Compression test how to
From: Andrew Frink <drewfrink@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:11:52 -0600
Thanks all for the advice. I chose to drive the car around a little
to warm it up (BTW - I have a Celsius temp gauge, which seems strange
but works just fine). Oil pressure seemed okay, maybe a little low at
50-60 running, 20-30 at idle once the temp gauge got to the middle.

Back to the garage, pulled the plug wires (after labeling them :-) ).
Plugs looked good, according to my prints of the website Steven sent
me. Screwed in my compression gauge, and one at a time got the readings.

(1 - 4) 135, 135, 125, 125

Seems okay to me. Thanks again all for your enlightening discussions
on this topic. I did choose to do it "dry" (no oil squirt) on a warm
engine.

-Drew