Right angle drive for speedo necessary?

To: "Triumph TR3A" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Right angle drive for speedo necessary?
From: "Francis P. Gowash" <fpgowash@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:43:37 -0400
>>My question is this: should I track down a right angle drive for this
cable? I don't want to install the cable I have just to have it break
again. Is there just one drive for TR4-Tr250 trannys?<<

Drew,

Be sure that the speedo is not frozen! Just replacing the cable could just
break it again. I know because I did it on my TR3A.

I don't have any experience with right angle drives, however. That I will
leave to the list experts.

Fran
58 TR3A

name of winmail.dat]