RE: TR2-6 Brake performance

To: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: RE: TR2-6 Brake performance
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 07:36:05 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net> i5LBctRJ015821
Message text written by "Randall Young"
>stopping distance should be proportional
to the square of speed, so we would expect John's numbers to be about 20%
higher than those taken at 60 mph; or about 218 feet on stock tires.

Since I believe the original tires were a major limiting factor<

Why?  Although it is true that the kinetic energy increases with the square
of speed (1/2MV*2), barring brake fade and if tyres are the limiting factor
the brakes should be capable of a constatn decelleration and the first
derivative of a square function is linear.

Dave