Re: TR2-6 Brake performance

To: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR2-6 Brake performance
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 14:08:10 -0400
Randall Young wrote:

> > With stock calipers they say it takes 262 feet to stop from what
> > I am assuming is 60mph. WHAT??????????????????????
>
> I have always been deeply suspicious of John's figures ... no idea > why
his car wouldn't stop but there was clearly something wrong,
> IMO.

Must have been something wrong... here is some TR6 brake performance
information that a friend passed along, these are British Leyland's figures
for the vehicle.  For a normally loaded properly functioning car you should
see about 180ft from 60mph.  With a crippled brake system, with a
malfunctioning brake servo and only one circuit of the brakes functioning
(assuming the front brakes), 385ft from 60mph.

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke
Wishbone Classics