brake help

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: brake help
From: "joe maher" <jmaher0343@bresnan.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 19:11:43 -0700
  My drivers side rear wheel cylinder is leaking, so I have my 59 TR3 on
blocks waiting for the new cylinders to get here.  I have never touched drum
brakes before, so this sould be exciting.  So anyway, while it is up I
decided to work on my emergency brake.  The compensator bar and lever have
lots of free play.  I order two new felt washers and wanted to fix it.  Now
my problem and questions;
1) How is the lever attached to the bar?
2) How is the bar attached to the extension on the axle?
3) How do it get it off?
  To make things worse, I just noticed that at some point, someone broke the
cable at the front.  And where the fork-end, cable to handbrake lever should
be, there is a large eyebolt with the cable running through it and clamped
back.  I think they used a large tap on the old fork-end so the eyebolt
could fit.  It is huge.  I have a new set of emergency brake cables, but
neither TRF, Moss or VB carry the fork-end I need.
4) Anyone know where I can get a fork-end, cable to handbrake lever?

Also, today I rebuilt my clutch slave cylinder to match my rebuilt clutch
and brake master cylinder.  It was really easy on all three accounts.  Did I
miss something?
thanks,
Joe
59 TR3, temporarily not a driving restoration