* She Croaked again *

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: * She Croaked again *
From: "Wayne" <wayne@brazinski.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 17:25:06 -0600
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi everyone!
Well the TR broke down again - at least this time in the shopping mall and
not the highway.  The symptoms are really odd.  I have some chores to do
before I get out to the garage so hopefully you will be able to steer me in
the right direction when I go to troubleshoot..

1) Car quit suddenly - just like the time the white wire came off the coil,
and like the time the rotor went bad.
2) Checked for a spark with the HT lead on the coil (leads to the dizzy) -
Nice healthy spark between coil and wire
3) There is no spark at the plugs.
4) Using a pertronix electric ignition (maybe I should go to points)

My buddy and I were stumped after changing out the dizzy cap and wires and
having nothing else to change out (no spare rotor or spare points/ignition)
we tried the HT lead again.  This time the car fired up with me holding the
lead about an inch away from the coil!  I shoved it back in and the engine
died.  We did it again and the same thing happended.  Wierd.  Then the car
stopped turning over.  I'm not sure of the starter has crapped out or not,
but think it might be the battery going dead.  The electric fuel pump is
still going but the engine won't turn over...  Hmm

Any ideas ?

Thanks!
Wayne