Re: check out this honda site. really.

To: "Andrew H. Litkowiak" <andylit@covad.net>, "Triumph Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: check out this honda site. really.
From: "John Peacock" <mnypitgarage@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:47:07 -0400
 I could have the same done to an GM V8 for $1000. In fact, I can walk into
any
> of 25 shops around here and pick up a very hot Chevy V8 for $1200 plus my
core.
> The engine would be warranted for 6-12 months, etc., etc.

I am sure I would not be bringing in an all aluminum LS1 to just any engine
shop either.  However the cost of my Z28, and mods are less than I would
spend on a TR6 in comperable condition with similar mods made reliable
enough to drive in daily traffic with a/c dont you think?  Not only that my
wife and daughter cannot both ride with me.  Sad but true.  I resisted the
urge to even look at American muscle for years(remember the 80s 130 hp cast
iron V8 paperweights) and then I drove one of the 4th generation f-body cars
and it was so fast and handled so good  I could not resist.

I am still true to my Triumphs though, just not as my daily commuter.

John