Re: TR3a seat belts

To: davidt@opentext.com (David Templeton), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3a seat belts
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:59:30 -0400
In a message dated 6/24/2003 8:27:04 AM Eastern Standard Time,
davidt@opentext.com writes:

> Morning all,
>
> The wife, SWMBO, has decreed that the children cannot ride in the TR3 unless
> it has seatbelts.

Good for her!

>  So, being the thoughtful hubby, I am looking for some
> belts. I see something like the hook and catch type, period looking belts.
> Anyone have better ideas on period looking belts what were the racers using?

Check out <http://www.andoauto.com/>. I've been very happy with belts they
supplied for my Herald 1200, front and rear, without which my children would
not be riding in a car they love! And somewhere I've got a Triumph Service
Bulletin from the early 1960s (when only a couple of states required belts)
that shows the recommended locations for mounts in the TR3 and TR4. I've really
got to find those, scan them and get them posted on the VTR web site.

Oh, and when you've got the belts in, you might even add "appropriate" Triumph
stickers to the buckles, from <http://www.speed6.biz/stickers.htm>. A bit
"pricey" (oh, there's that evil word again) but very nice quality and a nice
finishing touch!

--Andy Mace