Re: Is there anywhere in the world...?

To: "Jeffery Howard" <nhoward442@charter.net>, "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Is there anywhere in the world...?
From: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 08:15:11 -0400
When I wrote last week that we should try and stay on topics related to
Triumphs (and I did not intend to leave out products made by Standard
Motors) I got some negative feedback from more than a few on the list.

This dialogue and the stuff that ensued afterwards is exactly the reason I
said what I did.

I've never met Randall, but my guess is that he doesn't live in a hole and I
know that his posts on technical matters are very informative. I've never
met Jeff either and I don't know anything about him, but if he'd like to
post Triumph related items or questions, my guess is that Randall would have
a sensible response and be ready to help.

I stand by my comments earlier this week. Too many times I've seen this same
thing happen on this list when topics stray from the intention of the list.
Lets stay on topics that this list was intended to serve and stop the
denigration to personal attacks. If you feel that way, write to the other
person off list and keep it off list. I really don't care if you hate each
other; other than life is too short for hatred in my view. That's my story
and I'm sticking to it.

By the way, to all of the fathers out there "HAPPY FATHERS DAY".

Jerry Van Vlack