RE: Is there anywhere in the world...?

To: "'Mark Hooper'" <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>, "'Gerald Van Vlack'" <jerryvv@alltel.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Is there anywhere in the world...?
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:04:19 -0700
Cc: "'Bill & Skip Pugh'" <anabil@caltel.com>
Mark,

What you said! I actually learned a lot about my fellow list LBC'rs and
their surroundings this little excursion. And, apparently the hatred that
Jerry detected was no more than a fit of mental indegestion that was
appropriately and amicably resolved as it usually is amongst friends when
they find out (what a wonder) that even the best of friends do not always
agree on everything. This little geo/taxation tour was actually quite
enlightening.

Here's the situation on the CA North Bay area (Santa Rosa and environs).
Heart of Sonoma Wine Country. Luther Burbank and Jack London called the area
God's Country. My place is a 3 year old 1550 sq ft slab on grade/wood
frame/Ferro-tile roof bungalow w/2 car garage, on a 55 x 65 lot. Built in
fire and security system, central air, AC, fireplace, hot tub, great
neighbors, at the western rural edge of town, adjacent to really good 18
hole golf course (no I don't golf). Recent re-fi. appraisal puts value @
425K. I owe 24K. on a 20 year fixed @ 5.25%. Prop taxes @ 3.6K annual.
Homeowners ins. (excluding quake) but w/full fire @ $400/yr. Sales tax @
7.5%. Middle management income covers this all nicely and allows a notable
bi weekly paycheck diversion to a deferred income account in addition to
employer paid retirement system contribution and employer provided health &
dental insurance. Drive to and from work opposite the commute with a ride of
about 20 mins on little traveled absolutely gorgeous county roads.

Good hospitals, good schools, good restaurants, great cultural events,
Junior College and State University nearby. Lots of social life, Pacific
close, S. F. in the near distance. Tahoe in the mid distance. Lots of LBCs
around AND Bill Pugh, DAMN Why DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT YOUR RUN AROUND NAPA
COUNTY this last weekend. I was in Calistoga for lunch yesterday! Maybe next
time.

As for the rest of you please come visit, stay awhile, spend some money,
enjoy the wine the weather and the song. Take a ride with me in the TR-6 or
the Jag (your choice) and then....GO HOME!

Love from La La Land

Deano

Deano