Re: My aching rearend....

To: "Russ Locke" <wtrrtw@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My aching rearend....
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 07:33:30 -0500
From: "Russ Locke" <wtrrtw@yahoo.com>

> Will a complete '67TR4A live axle fit my '64 TR4?

I suspect not.  The frames are very different.  As I recall the story, there
was to be no live-axle version of the TR4A.  The factory needed to design a
new one when the USA dealers demanded an alternative to the IRS.  I have no
idea what parts interchange with the TR4, but this story certainly implies
that all of them will not.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com