Re: wobbly wheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Subject: Re: wobbly wheels
From: Nicholas Froome <listreader@pvision.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 22:12:06 +0100
If they're real Minilites I'd contact them direct and put the ball in their
court

http://www.minilite.co.uk/

mailto:sales@minilite.co.uk

My friends had a set of Minilite copies on their 350 BHP TVR racecar. Basically
they didn't fit...

They bought a new set of wheels and Cambridge Motorsports made up some
aluminium spigots to fit into the wheel and onto the hub to locate the wheel.
Now they fit, they centre OK and they don't seem to run out at all

I think we could all expect that as a minimum, but it seems there are no
guarantees, and that's particularly true when we're talking about older cars...

>Interesting.  Yes they are actual aluminum Minilites, made in England.
>    Thanks for the tip on hub fitment, I'll check for that.  Although
>the problem was detected on a balancing machine, so there may be more
>than one problem....
>
>Nicholas Froome wrote:
> > Are they Minilites? Or Minilite copies? Some of the copies I've seen in the
>UK are incredibly badly machined and don't seat properly on the hub. So they
>don't sit flat on the hub and/or don't centre properly

Regards

Nick Froome
http://www.bolide.co.uk