clutch

To: Popnglo@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: clutch
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:34:16 EDT
Ed
Can you tell if you are pushing fluid back and forth from master piston
chamber to master resevoir? (have someone push pedal in and out while you
watch surface of resevoir - if resevoir level rises as pedal pushed down
you're losing piston fluid to resevoir instead of the fluid going to calipers)
Could be the little 'stop seal' inside your master cylinder unit is giving
out especially if you haven't lost fluid to the outside world..
If all else is fine (master cylinder bore is smooth - and it would be if not
losing fluid) you could just install new rebuild rubber kit for $9 and be on
your way. (a bit tedious but cheap)
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74
---------
my clutch was seemily getting weak, the pedal that is... about two
weeks ago. I bled the clutch at the slave cyl, and it seemed a bit better but
still weak. Today it gave out... no resistance at the pedal. Had to drive
sans clutch for about 12 miles. Clutch was working just fine up until two
weeks ago, or so. There are no leaks and the resevior remains full.