Re: TR4 questions

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 questions
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 08:49:56 -0700
Joe Curry wrote:

> For all you "EXPERTS" on TR4's, I need some answers....

Well, I think all TRs are restorable... provided it's someone else's checkbook.

To give you some perspective -- about a year ago I was able to obtain a largely
original (non-od) TR4 for 6,500 and put another 2,000 in it for transport, top,
tonneau, dash pads & carpet.  It may be worth what I have in it but not much
more.

I know none of us are naive enough to think we are doing this for the
money/investment but my point is that (IMO) fairly sound TR4s are probably
available for about what parts & paint would cost to restore a clapped-out
example.

Sounds like the list regards this as an OD gearbox with a TR4 still attached --
which at the end of the day may be what it is.

Geo Hahn
64 TR4