RE: Power outlet in a TR3a

To: "'Triumphs@Autox Net (E-mail)'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Power outlet in a TR3a
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 15:58:31 -0700
> > I would recommend using an in-line fuse with your outlet (add
> > one if there
> > isn't one already present), and getting power from one of the ammeter
> > terminals.  (Preferably the load side, brown/white wire.)
>
> The additional fuse was a given due to the lack of in-car fuses in a
> standard TR3a :-)  The fuse would go on the ammeter lead or
> doesn't matter?

David, I'm not sure I understand the question.  The fuse goes in the wire
from the ammeter to the outlet.  It's probably better closer to the ammeter
end, but doesn't really matter too much.

BTW, if the outlet has a metal shell, it may be internally connected to the
negative lead.  Might be worth checking ...

Randall