Re: Repainting cost

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Repainting cost
From: Doug Hamilton <douglasehamilton@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 08:47:41 -0600
The thing with Maco is you do get what you pay for, I had them give me
an estimate to repaint my pickup they have about 4 different grades of
paint they use and the price varies according to the paint they use for
the $400-500.00 paint job they included 1 hr prep and an enamel paint
job add 100.00 if you want a seal coat applied first, it was $1200.00
for a base/clear paint job with 1 hr prep. In the end if I wanted the
job done right Maaco wasn't any cheaper than anyone else they just are
willing to do a cheap job if that's what you want. The shop had an early
Camaro they had just finished sitting there they had done a beautiful
job on it, it had been plastiblasted to bare metal and epoxy primed and
lots of prep work was done on it ended up with a $3500.00 Maaco paint job.

Doug Hamilton