Repainting cost

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Repainting cost
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 20:39:07 EDT
Question for those (especially my friends in the general Atlanta area) who
have been through a repainting exercise recently...what is the going price
for a good repainting on a 6 with minimal body work?  Minimal body work means
a few parking lot type dings, no creased panels or rust.

I got one very preliminary estimate of about $2,800 from a shop specializing
in English car repairs for a good (but not concours level) repaint.  This
seemed a little high but it's been a while since I've checked.  I'd like to
change the color from white to red and I know this will increase cost a bit.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Micky Long, Atlanta
72 TR 6