Re: Slave Cylinder Question

To: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Slave Cylinder Question
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:13:42 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Scott Tilton
>Anyway . . on two of the TR4s that I've owned, when I bought them they had
INCREDIBLY hard clutches to press.

I mean .. you could stand on the pedal and it would still take a few
seconds to
hit the floor.

One one of them it took a while to release too.

Change the flexible hose on the master cylinder.
<

When I bought my TR4 I had the same situation - except that I didn't notice
that the clutch was particularly hard to push.  But take off was easy.
Just step off of the clutch pedal and feed it a little gas and the car
would smoothly move away from a stop.

New hose...yadda yadda yadda.

Cheers

Dave