Re: electric fuel pump

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: electric fuel pump
From: richard triplett <rtriplett25@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 20:39:43 -0700 (PDT)
I'm not sure if someone mentioned this in this thread,
as I try to carefully read the digests but may miss a
post here and there:

I have no direct experience with a rotary fuel pump,
but this seems a good alternative. I am all for
originality, but I refuse to reinstall the old
mechanical pump in my 59 TR3 resto project. However, I
too have heard and been annoyed by the ticking sound
of an aftermarket electric fuel pump. A rotary fuel
pump, however, appears to run whisper quiet and a
particular one offered by cbperformance.com
(http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=577)
has an internal regulator that is offered at 3.5 or
5.5 psi. Seems like an ideal situation for those of us
in the market to go electric. So, the question I
have.... is 3.5 psi a good pressure for a stock TR3
setup (i.e. H6 carbs, etc.)??? If it is, I am going to
jump on the deal. $42.95 is a good price, IMHO.

Richard Jr
TS42099L
http://health.yahoo.com