Re: TR3 Carpets and Seat Rails

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Carpets and Seat Rails
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@ultrasw.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:57:50 -0700
BILL BREWER wrote:

>      When putting in carpet under a TR3's seats, do you cut
> slits in the carpet for the seat rails to bolt it? It looks
> like originally the seat rails bolted through the carpet. I
> think that if there are slits in the carpets you could
> remove them if the carpets get soaked.

I cut slits in mine for the reason you cite.  If you look at the first pic on
this page you can see the slits in the second and third pieces from the right:

http://www.geocities.com/tucson_british_car_register/interior.html

As noted, this is a rayon-loop carpet.  Hasn't unraveled in 20 years of use.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Tucson