Re: TR3 Carpets and Seat Rails

To: "BILL BREWER" <bbrewer@starband.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Carpets and Seat Rails
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:02:40 -0700
Bill,

I think originally the carpets didn't go under the seats at all, at least
ISTR someone saying that.  Anyway, I poked holes through from the bottom,
trying to minimize any destructive moves on the carpet.  I would worry about
it unraveling if it were slit, unless you could bind it somehow.
I did not use the clips to anchor the carpet on the firewall.  I was going
to use velcro, but so far, it seems to stay in place fine with nothing.  I
did use contact cement on the pieces that go on the vertical in the footwell
next to the door.

Bob