RE: Sizing Thrust Washers

Subject: RE: Sizing Thrust Washers
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 16:57:52 -0800
Hugh :

I believe the ".005 oversize" washers are .005" for the pair.  If you use
one paired with a standard, it will take up only .0025".  That would put you
at .0055", which IMO is perfect.

As someone also noted, it's permissible to dress down the thrust washers a
bit, using very fine sandpaper and a sheet of glass or a surface plate.

Randall