Re: Hackers that send viruses

To: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Hackers that send viruses
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 15:14:40 -0700
Pete,
The very things that makes Macintosh's good are what makes them bad!  That of
course is the limited distribution and closed operating system.  If you
don't have many after market options to add, it is easy to make the thing more
stable.  ANd the cost if a small production product will always be
higher than one that is mass produced.

Microsoft is a target of viruses because it is the most common.  So targeting a
Microsoft product will cause the most damage.

Personally, I use Netscape and don't typically fall prey to the viruses that
target MS Outlook!

Joe