Winshield Trim

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Winshield Trim
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 15:46:28 EST
I believe it's Winston Churchill who is said to have described golf as a game
played with "instruments ill-designed for the purpose." That applies as well,
in my humble opinion, to the above referenced windshield trim that supposedly
goes on my 65 4A. I know it's not easy and thought I was prepared for the
tough fight. I've looked at websites, I've examined the process, I even asked
the list earlier -- particularly about why the trim is shaped as it is.
Specifically, I wondered what the purpose was for the perpendicular base
beneath the visible curved chromish trim. Whether through misinterpretation
or frustration-driven wishful thinking, I drew from replies the impression
that deep inside the obvious groove there might be some sort of other
slit/groove/crack/line (whatever one calls it) into which the perpendicular
base might fit and thereby hold the trim. I've looked in there under heavy
light at 8X magnification and see nothing. So at the moment, my conclusion is
that the perpendicular base is there solely to prevent the trim from seating
properly.
Help anyone?

Jim
65 4A