Re: Hackers that send viruses

Subject: Re: Hackers that send viruses
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 09:52:15 -0800
>I prefer to focus on the true 'root cause' of this problem, of course I'm
>speaking about, Micro$oft (the true evil empire). As long as they don't
>take software security (relating to their operating systems) as seriously
>as they do in maintaining their monopoly power, this problem will always be
>with us.

No. Viruses are solely the fault of the people who create them.
Period.  Hackers will always be able to find a way around security.
To blame Microsoft is to avoid the root cause.

But while we're on the subject, it astounds me that so many people
see fit to put their resentment for Microsoft on display for the
whole world to see, and yet they persist in their loyalty to the
so-called 'Evil Empire' by insisting on purchasing the very machines
that bind them to that same company's ridiculously complex
basket-case of an operating system.

If you don't like Microsoft, then for God's sake, don't put yourself
in the position of having to rely on their products.

Ever hear of the Apple Macintosh?  Hello?

Microsoft may be guilty of unethical tactics to advance their company
and command the market, but it has only worked because you have
chosen to purchase their products.

Wanna break up Microsoft?  Stop giving them your money.

--
Pete 'Get a Mac' Chadwell
1973 Triumph TR6