Re: Hackers that send viruses

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hackers that send viruses
From: Michael Grey <msgrey@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 21:05:48 -0800
I prefer to focus on the true 'root cause' of this problem, of course I'm
speaking about, Micro$oft (the true evil empire). As long as they don't
take software security (relating to their operating systems) as seriously
as they do in maintaining their monopoly power, this problem will always be
with us.

As it stands today they make no effort to ensure that the MS operating
system in your desktop or laptop is current with the latest software
patches. You may argue that this is the responsibility of the user, which
may be true, but a recent purchase of a new laptop loaded with MS2000
proved to be about nine patch releases out of date. If you can't even buy
something that is current with the latest patch protection, what chance do
you have.

Just needed to rant.

Michael Grey
msgrey@ucdavis.edu